A 400m overhanging face, with pitches up to 8b+ (5.14a) with the fantastics landscapes of Madagascar. We are talking about the last climbing trip organized by Kairn.com
After the cliffs and boulders of Argentina (Look at „Encantado“ DVD) Kairn decides to send some of the best climbers worldwide in order to bring back some nice images. The main goal of this expedition is to free the route „Tough Enough“.
Opened in August 2005 by germans climbers A. Steinel and D. Gebel, Tough Enough is a 12 pitches route on the 400 overhanging face of Karambony, Tsaranoro massif, Madagascar
The route was opened in aid climbing with Camalots # 0.1, 0.5, 0.75, 1, 2, 1/2 double, Rocks 4-10, 1-10, Rurps/Beaks, Heads. Actual grade : 8b/A3 The upper part has not be freed.
In order to free this route, Kairn.com asked some of the world wide climbers to joind the expedition :
- First of all, Francois Legrand. Climbing competition legend, Francois is also a very good hard routes climbers (up to 9a). This will be his first big wall experience, but we guess this will not affect his ability to climb…
- Greg Sobczak. The La Reunion Climber set the first 8b+, 8c and 9a of this island. He also opened many routes in South Africa, Andes, Vietnam and knows very well Madagascar.
- Giovanni Quiricci. The swiss climber is the youngest of the team but not the one with the less experience. He did the west pilar of Tango Nameless Tower, and Actandria in Norway, one of the hardest multipitches trad climb in the world.
- Tony Arbones. The spanich climber from Siurana was already par of the Stephanie Bodet and Arnaud Petit expedition on Salto Angel (Venezuela) filmed by Evrard Wendenbaum in „Amazonian Vertigo“
- Leirre Aguirre. From cliffs to competitions, she is one of the best spanish climber.
- Evrard Wendenbaum, who filmed „Amazonian Vertigo“ will be there to film the best images of the trip.
You can follow the expedition and the daily reports on www.humanedgetech.com/expedition/kairn/
DAV Expedition auf Madagaskar
Madagaskar bei Wikipadia